[wp-testers] AW: Write Page

Bryan Harley bryanharley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 07:41:15 GMT 2008

Some of these designs choices just seem so backwards though.  And
while all these cutesy analogies we're throwing around are great, what
I'm really interested in is exactly HOW the UI Design Team came to
these decisions.

There are a multitude of questions, but speaking specifically about
the 'Write' page... why decide to remove all the panels from the
sidebar and replace them with white space?  Why are the panels no
longer customizable via drag and drop?  I think these are decisions
lots of folks can't wrap their heads around.  And maybe if we knew WHY
these changes were made, it'd be easier to handle.  But instead we're
told, "You have to break a few eggs to make an omlet."  Not very
insightful.

Just my two cents.