[wp-testers] AW: Write Page

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Fri Mar 28 07:36:43 GMT 2008

On 28 Mar 2008, at 03:34, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Matt Moore wrote:
>> The new way is terrible.  Every single post has a category or a
>> tag, and putting the input for them off the screen makes for too
>> many posts in 'uncategorized.'
>
> I'm going to buy you one of those little new-fangled mouses with the
> wheels in the middle.

That kind of response isn't going to help convince people....

It's been argued by several people that having to scroll down where
they didn't before is a reduction in usability. These points, when
made clearly and politely, have been largely ignored. I'm not really
surprised that people are now becoming frustrated and describing the
new write page layout as "terrible".

Most of the other UI changes are just "different" - it's too early to
describe them as "better" or "worse", but the considered opinion of
people who make a lot of posts is that removing most of the useful
functions from the sidebar and putting them below the fold[1] is a
step backward.

[1] I'm really surprised about Happy Cog being in any way responsible
for this - Zeldman has always seemed to have much more useful ideas...

Les