[wp-testers] AW: Write Page

deliciousdays oliver.seidel at deliciousdays.com
Fri Mar 28 06:27:04 GMT 2008

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Which is the whole reason we solicit feedback, to have as much
> information, even if it's anecdotal, to synthesize and make the best
> decisions possible, which I believe we are doing there, but by
> suggesting what you think is what everyone thinks you're forcing me to
> take a position of disagreeing with you, when I would rather just
> collate your feedback with all the others and try to make the best
> decision possible.
Right, one's own opinion may not be speaking for all others, but with
"we solicit feedback....to synthesize and make the best decisions
possible" is also just your own perception Matt. I'm quite positive that
many others who have tried to raise their voices (early) would argue
about that.

> If you want I could link you to thirty blogs praising the new design,
> but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong and someone would
> inevitable accuse myself or the dev team of drinking our own kool-aid,
> only paying attention to the positive press, or surrounding ourselves
> with yes men and fanboys.
Interesting: comparing the count of items related to constructive
criticism to entries *generally* praising the new design, *I feel* there
is a bit of a discrepancy.

It is nothing that can't be fixed, but why pressure yourself by
communicating release schedules, that can hardly be met and only causes
important fixes (not only UI related) to slip into a next release.