[wp-testers] AW: Write Page

Dawnne Gee synthaetica at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 03:45:54 GMT 2008

Erg. That response doesn't address what many of us are perceiving to be the
problem. Does it take that much time to scroll? Of course not! (For those
who have a device that scrolls). The assertion can be summed up, "Along with
your WordPress 2.5 Upgrade, we strongly recommend the immediate purchase of
a pointing device with a scroll wheel, as well as a USB hub if such is
necessary." So much for the "free" in Free! Upgrade!

And one's ability to scroll is not THE POINT! The point is, something
(several things) that used to be readily available no longer are. Sure,
they're still there, but the ease of use and fluidity that some of us fell
in love with (and migrated our blogs from blogger, typepad, et al to use),
will be gone with this "upgrade".

It's kind of like going to your favorite restaurant, ordering a New! Better!
No Hormones! steak, and the waitress brings you a plate with some rice and
veggies on it, and tells you the steak will be served later....on the table
behind you.

I don't think you'd eat there very long, but the fact that you have many of
us who aren't willing to go migrate our blogs off to another system really
shouldn't be interpreted as a request to treat us like that restaurant.