[wp-testers] Galleries & Invalidation

Asia P.H. asiah6887 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 00:15:03 GMT 2008

I noticed that adding images via the gallery immediately invalidates my
pages. This is due to the fact that no alt attribute is automatically
inserted into the images. When including an individual image into a post,
this issue does not occur, as in this case, the caption field is
automatically applied to the alt attribute. All of the posts associated with
the inserted images exhibit the same flaw of the missing alt attribute,
however. As for the permalinked posts containing individual images inserted
through the post's gallery (which are not to be confused with the image's
personal post), they invalidate as well, but because the following contains
XML code, and only when I am logged in. Actually, I recognize that this is
true only when I'm logged in, otherwise the comment form does not create
this error. Let me know if I'm being clear enough. I'm new to this testing
thing!

<input type="hidden" id="_wp_unfiltered_html_comment"
name="_wp_unfiltered_html_comment" value="cb8431635b" />