[wp-testers] Plugins Page - 2.5RC2

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Mar 26 22:13:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 06:56:54 +1100, Colin Ogilvie <wordpress at colinogilvie.co.uk> wrote:
> Stepping through the code with lots of random print and exits has
> revealed that it's dying around about Line 103 of
> wp-admin/includes/update.php - indeed, making the HTTP call it tries
> manually myself seems to resort in the request timing out.

The HTTP Connection is on a 3 second timeout, So if it cant contact wordpress.org within 3 seconds, it fails.
However, That shouldnt prevent the plugins page loading.

I've just tried setting the computer so that it cant call home ( 10.10.10.99	api.wordpress.org in my hosts file), and that gives a 3 second delay on the first request.. works fine after that (ie. no update notifications, but plugins page loads simple enough).

Perhaps remove the @ from the start of the fsockopen call, and enable WPDEBUG in your config file:
define('WPDEBUG', true);
See if any PHP Errors show up when you visit the plugins page