[wp-testers] Unable to Upload

Brent Logan gbrentlogan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:50:55 GMT 2008

I'm not using bad behavior, never have. I got the 403 error even with no
plugins activated. Apparently, this is a host configuration issue. I
searched "flash upload 403" and found that putting the following lines in my
.htaccess file fixes the problem.

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

I'm not sure what it does, but it works.

-Brent

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Kirk M <kmb42vt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brent Logan wrote:
> > I get this behavior even when I deactivate all plugins.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Rick Beckman <rick.beckman at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Okay, I've solved my problem! The user-agent "Shockwave Flash" is in
> >> Bad Behavior's blacklist, but that's the user-agent that the new
> >> WordPress media manager uses! D'oh! I deactivated Bad Behavior, and
> >> all is well.
> >>

> Brent,
>
> If you want to keep using Bad behavior 2.0.13 here's what I recommended
> to Mr Awsome:
>
> Bad Behavior 2.0.13 lists "shockwave flash" as a spam harvestor in  it's
> blacklist file. It also lists "wordpress" as malicious software by the
> way which I find ironically hilarious. Anyway, try this:
>
> In your favorite FTP program, navigate to
> "wp-content/plugins/bad-behavior/bad-behavior" (yes, there's two of
> them) and download and open the "blacklist.inc.php" file in your
> favorite editor. Once open locate and comment-out or delete the
> following line:
>
> "Shockwave Flash",    // spam harvester
>
> I personally removed this next line as well. I never understood why that
> was there in the first place (but that's me):
>
> "Wordpress",        // malicious software (yup! It's there)
>
> Now you should be able to reactivate Bad Behavior and try your uploads
> again. Bet they work.
>
> HTH

Brent Logan
503.828.1772