[wp-testers] Unable to Upload

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:47:44 GMT 2008

Brent Logan wrote:
> I get this behavior even when I deactivate all plugins.
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Rick Beckman <rick.beckman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Okay, I've solved my problem! The user-agent "Shockwave Flash" is in
>> Bad Behavior's blacklist, but that's the user-agent that the new
>> WordPress media manager uses! D'oh! I deactivated Bad Behavior, and
>> all is well.

Brent,

If you want to keep using Bad behavior 2.0.13 here's what I recommended
to Mr Awsome:

Bad Behavior 2.0.13 lists "shockwave flash" as a spam harvestor in  it's
blacklist file. It also lists "wordpress" as malicious software by the
way which I find ironically hilarious. Anyway, try this:

In your favorite FTP program, navigate to
"wp-content/plugins/bad-behavior/bad-behavior" (yes, there's two of
them) and download and open the "blacklist.inc.php" file in your
favorite editor. Once open locate and comment-out or delete the
following line:

"Shockwave Flash",    // spam harvester

I personally removed this next line as well. I never understood why that
was there in the first place (but that's me):

"Wordpress",        // malicious software (yup! It's there)

Now you should be able to reactivate Bad Behavior and try your uploads
again. Bet they work.

HTH