[wp-testers] Save and Continue Editing Button

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Tue Mar 25 16:59:34 GMT 2008

OK, I found the cause of the problem, and this is something that maybe
you folks can keep in mind as testing progresses.

I have an SSL on macnightowl.com and I installed a plugin that let me
login via SSL. However, it is broken with WP 2.5, so I disabled it.
However, I didn't change my bookmarks, which use https rather http.
That appears to explain why I had the problem getting spell checking,
autosave and such to operate in Firefox and Safari on my Macs, since
they share these same bookmarks, and why it worked alright in other
browsers and on Windows Vista with Parallels Desktop.

Now that I changed them to access the Dashboards via http (I have two
integrated WP installations for the site), everything seems
functional. I just wrote today's post in Safari 3.1, all features
intact.

A special thanks, Mark Jaquith, for taking the time to help me
diagnose this problem. It's not something one would readily discover
and I had to wrack my aging brain to find the solution. :) And thanks
for your Subscribe to Comments plugin too. :)

In any case, I'm a happy camper with the latest builds of WP 2.5,
especially Gravatars :) What's left before it goes to GM?

Peace,
Gene