[wp-testers] Permalinks

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 23:40:45 GMT 2008

Ryan Boren wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Kirk M <kmb42vt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Burhan Khalid wrote:
>>  >
>>  > Probably as a safeguard in those situations where rewrite support
>>  > isn't available.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  I also see this same problem on my online test site and my main site
>>  (r7502) where the new "sample" permalink suggestion also has "index.php"
>>  tacked onto it and I'm still using the 2.3.x .htaccess file (never
>>  chnaged). I know my host supports mod rewrite and I've always used it.
>>  If this said "index.html" instead of "index.php" I'd believe it but
>>  "index.php" tells Wordpress to use themes. This appears to be a problem,
>>  yes?
>>

> It could be do to changeset 7441, although offhand it looks like it
> should behave equivalently to 2.3.
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/7441

Ryan,

I've also found that I can't redirect "/mysite.net/index.php" to
"/mysite.net/ any longer using either my .htaccess or my host's cPanel.
The important thing here is that I already had these "index.php"
specific redirects installed in both my .htaccess and my host's cPanel
for so long that I forgot about them. They've been working right up
through 2.3.3 without a hitch and 2.5 up until recently. I can't say for
sure since I don't visit "Permalinks" that often in the Admin.

Sorry I can't take this any further but I'm not up to speed on these
things. Looks like a problem though since redirects for "/index.php" no
longer work..