[wp-testers] Permalinks

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Mar 24 23:32:12 GMT 2008

It works as intended for me with Apache2.2

The difference between the old, and the new, Is that the old one Assumes that rewrite does exist, and only returns false if it cant find it.
So in the past, if the function apache_get_modules() didnt exist, Then It'd assume that mod_rewrite was loaded.

However, the new code, Assumes its going to be false, if it cant find it in apache_get_modules() or in the phpinfo..

Also, Other platforms that have mod_rewrite availability may be affected by this change, IIS users have rewrite functions, And i think LightHttpd also supports apache mod_rewrite now, but doesnt call it that(AFAIK).

I'd suggest filtering the entire function to allow a plugin to hard-override that, Or supporting other web servers, Not everyone uses Apache; Some need higher performance that comes with LightHttpd, or like hosting as the same server as all their other stuff(IIS)