[wp-testers] Save and Continue Editing Button

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Mon Mar 24 22:05:04 GMT 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Mark Jaquith wrote:

> Really strange.  I'm not having any problems with Firefox 3, Firefox
> 2, or Safari 3.1 and autosave.  Do you have another computer you can
> try it on?  Have to try and narrow down the cause.
>
> --

I tried this on two Intel-based Macs running 10.5.2.

One is a first-generation 17-inch MacBook Pro with 2.16GHz Intel Core
Duo and 2GB RAM.

The other is an "early 2008" Mac Pro with a pair of Intel "Harpertown"
Xeon quad-cores rated at 2.8GHz with 14GB RAM.

In each case, Firefox 3.0b4 (and a b5 prerelease) and Safari 3.1 all
fail at auto save, spell checking and trying to insert a Web link.

It works fine in an Opera 9.5 prerelease.

I tested on both computers with the same results.

Anyone have Mac over there to test this with?

Understand that I was able to get all the features of WP 2.3.3 to work
fine in Firefox 3.0b4. I didn't use Safari because of its problems
with pulling paragraph breaks in posts using the old Tiny MCE.

Peace,
Gene