[wp-testers] Re: avatar settings (was Image uploader problems and other 2.5 unpolish)

Doug Smith doug at smithsrus.com
Sun Mar 23 03:58:26 GMT 2008

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, at 23:24:26M, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>
wrote:
> Some avatar thoughts:
>
> I think image settings and gravatar settings should both be under
> "Misc". Having a dropdown for "show avatars" is silly as there's only
> two options - radio buttons would be better, but checkbox would be
> best,
> especially if it was more descriptive. (Does it put avatars on my
> blog?
> Is the "show avatars with rating" include lower ratings, so if I
> choose
> PG do I also get G?)

I had been thinking the same the thing but didn't bother reporting it
because it didn't seem like a show stopper in the efforts to get
everything ready for release. But since you've opened the subject, how
about building it all into a single pop-up menu? Maybe something like
this...

Show avatars:
None
PG, G
R, PG, G
X, R, PG, G

Or maybe

Show avatars rated at or below:
Don't show
PG

I like the way the second one reads, but I wonder if there is
widespread enough understanding of the sequence of movie ratings
outside of the English speaking audience.

--
Doug Smith <doug at smithsrus.com>
<http://smithsrus.com>