[wp-testers] Gallery

George Pearce george at gpearce.co.uk
Sat Mar 22 19:33:04 GMT 2008

MichaelH wrote:
> Belatedly, I was replying to a week old post from George that my email
> provider just delivered (I know, sad).
>
> Actually, I was guessing a plugin from extend might help George produce
> something like here:
> http://ma.tt/photos/log/slideshow.php?set_albumName=12-8-2002

I only got the email about 10 minutes before you replied to it, and I've got
dedicated, maybe it was just lagged delivery by the list?

Matt Wrote:
>Wow I totally forget that was there. (Stuff in /photos/log is still
>running Gallery, haven't switched it over yet.)
>
>I wonder how long before we see the first 2.5 compatible slideshow.

Heh, I'm just going to hope that when I post an image, it'll edit it to
/wherevermypostis/imagename ; and then I'll be happy :P
I think it'd be a great idea to have a slideshow, that can be enabled by the
blog owner, that allows the browsing, and (like the bit on your site) random
selection of a thumbnail of an image, whether as plugin or part of WP
itself, it'd be an awesome idea. Is there a feature req' in for 2.6 for
this, and if not, would it be a good idea to go and add one?

Regards
George Pearce
george at gpearce.co.uk
http://www.gpearce.co.uk