[wp-testers] Media Library scrolling

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 05:24:06 GMT 2008

Andy Skelton wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Mr. Awesome
> <theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While on the discussion of scroll bar stuff... here's one of my dashboard..
>>  http://www.vindictivebastard.com/images/dashboard-scroll.gif
>>

> Maybe the admin stylesheet could be patched to reduce the dashboard
> width and get rid of the scrollbar. Ticket here:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330

Thanks Andy for making that ticket! =D I was going to try and figure out
what exactly was causing that issue and try to make a patch for it. But
with all the new CSS files, CSS coding and such... it's just
overwhelming. It's easier to tell the people that made the code and
styles, so they can do it, then it is to make someone that didn't even
start in on THAT project from the get go, do it. The original designers
and coders know exactly what needs tweaked and edited...

> If you want to change the color of the links, you would have better
> luck by patching your stylesheet and posting comparative screenshots
> to a relevant thread. Your opinion likely will be overlooked if you
> tuck it away in a screenshot of a scrollbar issue.

Oh I totally agree. I just wrote on there about that, to be sarcastic.
Those links aren't THAT BAD really. I just thought to keep consistent/
uniform with footer ones, they should have just been kept white. I know
it's hard when you throw in a Blue tab at the top where rest is dark
grey / brown background... but, even if you left the blue tab style
alone, brought back the white links for rest of top navigation menu, it
would look nice.

> I think the ugly rounded corners are Firefox's fault. My Firefox also
> makes them ugly, but different from yours. Testing in Safari, they
> look fine.

Ahh, okay. Yeah, like I said earlier... it doesn't look that bad really.
Just the one upper right corner sticks out more than rest of them. But
here's what I did up on my LocalHost blog for the Visit Site button.. I
think it looks pretty.. =D
http://www.vindictivebastard.com/images/visitsitebutton.gif

I left the Text color(s) for normal a:link / a:hover the same as it was
before.. Just changed the border colors only.

#wphead #viewsite a {
   background-color: #5488af;
   color: #cfebf7;
   border-color: #5995BD;
}

> p.s. Bummer about your ISP.

Yeah. =( I can't wait to get DSL or something.. Might be a while though
sigh.

> p.p.s. Say hello to Dateline News for me. ;-)

Say hello to Dateline for what? LOL! I hope you didn't misread the
chick's age? Didn't think the 8 was a 6 did you? lmao! Actually, she's
19. I keep forgetting she turned 19... 18 just sounds good though lol!
(enjoy! lmao!) http://www.vindictivebastard.com/images/ek/

"Oops, did I do that!?!?" lmao...