[wp-testers] Blogroll links gone with upgrade to 2.5 RC1

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:32:13 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Scott Raymond <scott at link-net.com> wrote:
> I uploaded the new RC1 code over my existing code, ran the upgrade.php, and
>  was informed that my database needed to be updated.  No problem.  Everything
>  seemed to go smoothly.  The only problem is that when I brought my blog up,
>  all of my blogroll entries had disappeared, and were replaced with the
>  handful of default WordPress-related blogroll links.
>
>  I don't know if this is by design, but I suspect that it might annoy some
>  folks with fairly large blogroll lists.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reporting this. Of course, this isn't be design. If you
can provide me a backup of your database from before (off list), and
the version of WP you upgraded from then I would like to try and
figure out the case of the problem.

Thank you,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com