[wp-testers] Changing tag name changes category with same name

Joshua Hart jahshuah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:41:23 GMT 2008

I wasn't sure how tags and categories are differentiated from one another
within the database, but, I found the following behavior odd:
I have a tag titled "life" and a category titled "Life."  I purposely name
my tags in all lower-case and my categories get the first letter
capitalized.  However, I noticed that the tags listed for a particular post
of mine had one tag with a capital letter as it's first letter when I
specifically created it in all lower case.  So, I changed the capitalization
for that tag.  Well, now the category is in all lower-case.  So I changed
the category back to have a capital letter as it's first letter and now the
tag matches the category's capitalization.  And so it went.

Does anyone have any insight into this?  I'm using revision 7379 and Safari
3.1 (although I don't think the browser would have anything to do with
this).  Thanks

v/r,
Josh