[wp-testers] 2.5 RC1 Galleries

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:30:12 GMT 2008

Lloyd Budd wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:36 AM, yuppicide138 at optonline.net
> <yuppicide138 at optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I read the post you linked. It seems that user has Mac. I get this error on
>>  Windows. I also don't know what the Bad Behavior plugin is. I did goto the
>>  website, but far as I know I don't have any Bad Behavior plugin.
>>
>>  Maybe I will try disabling my other plugins one by one and seeing if that
>>  help. I don't have much. One for Adsense and one for Kimili Flash Plugin.
>>

> Hi Yuppicide,
>
> Please do disable your plugins and let us know the result. That is an
> essential step in debugging WordPress problems. Thank you for
> reporting this!
>
> Thanks again,

Yuppicide and Lloyd,

I'm using the Bad Behavior plugin (latest version) and my guess is that
you need to add your IP address to the "whitelist.inc.php" file located
in the "bad-behavior" sub-folder inside the main "Bad Behavior" folder.
I can just about guarantee that's your problem. Other wise Bad Behavior
will block any automated function coming into your install from your IP
address (it thinks it's a spam bot) for instance like trying to publish
to your blog from a local editor like Windows Live Writer for example.
Ask me how I know this. ;).