[wp-testers] page template

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:36:44 GMT 2008

Kirk M wrote:
> Kristin Andrus Pishdadi wrote:
>> Strange,
>>
>> I downloaded the theme you mentioned to test because it was not
>> showing up.
>>
>> It worked,
>>
>> then i switched back to my theme and the page templates showed up.
>>
>> It seems like it's not looking for them on the fly, but only when you
>> activate the theme, so if you make a page template you have to
>> re-activate
>> your theme to get it to work ?

I have a custom theme on VB currently, with it's own page template for
general pages. Of course, I uploaded ALL the files at the same time,
then activated the theme itself. It all works of course. But from what
I'm understanding here, when you create a new page template, manually
upload it to the theme's directory, then decide to use that NEW one...
it won't work without reactivating the theme right? I could test this
out once....