[wp-testers] Re: wp-testers Digest, Vol 37, Issue 49

Jamie Oastler jamie.oastler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:31:37 GMT 2008

> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:36:14 -0500, Kristin Andrus Pishdadi
> <kpishdadi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The menu doesn't show up even if you create a custom page template and
> >add in the code.
>
> and it shouldn't.. cause it doesn't exist.. if u create a template
> page for the them u use u will set to use it for the page you are
> writing or editing in the Page Parent section in the advanced option
> section below the editor

Out of curiosity how come these elements, which used to exist nicely in a
column beside the editing window, were moved below the main content area?
Examples: Category checkboxes in Write > Post or the aforementioned Page
Template in Write > Page

Please forgive if this is re-hashing an old topic, I just joined the list a
few days ago and downloaded a nightly build, couldn't find a method to
search the archives. There are a number of changes like this which I would
assume there were logical reasons for, but to the average user of Wordpress
might seem like change only for the sake of change rather than progress
based on improved usability.

Thanks,
Jamie