[wp-testers] Testers wanted: Plugin update testing

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Mar 15 16:14:05 GMT 2008

DD32 wrote:
> Unfortunately, Its something which i dont know how to work around, It appears to be that the Zip class in use doesnt work 100% under certain web hosters setups..

In the same sense that we use different local file / ftp operations
based on capabilities, perhaps we could use command line `unzip` if it's
available.

The other message about the plugin being deleted without being upgraded
is very bad. Can we change the order or how it works so it's impossible
for this to happen?

We can get checksums of files, or individual files themselves, from SVN.
We don't have to go through ZIP files. Since hosts are usually on very
fast connections, compression shouldn't be an issue.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com