[wp-testers] Automatic Plugin Upgrader

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Mar 15 01:38:40 GMT 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:54:56 +1100, Alex Günsche <ag.ml2008 at zirona.com> wrote:

>> Looking at the source, Currently only #2 is in use, it would be nice
>> to enable mode #1 as well
>
> I wonder why you don't let pemftp handle that? It will automatically set
> the right thing. Or am I missing something?

Put simply, Because i wanted to use the PHP FTP Extension, Or direct access if possible, And only rely on Sockets in the worst case scenario. More likely to have auccess with the other methods.

However, The reason only sockets are being used at present, is simply because the filesystem checker just see's if the sockets extension is loaded, It might be an idea to just return ftpsockets if all the other methods failed.. I'll change that when i've got a chance.