[wp-testers] Admin Interface

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 20:15:22 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Lloyd Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Ronald Denby <rmdenby at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think this is a CSS issue. I have tried it on several different
> machines
> >  so I am sure it is not my setup.
> >
> >  If I leave the Blog Title blank on the General Settings page, the top
> of the
> >  page (blue section below the black top border) collapses and "Visit
> Site"
> >  button sits on top of Write and Manage links.  If I put in an "nbsp"
> tag in
> >  the blog title field the page renders ok.
> >
> >  I have always done this (left the title blank) as a way of getting the
> blog
> >  title out of the header image. The "nbsp" method works ok for now but I
> >  think this should be fixed.
>
> Sounds like an awkward way to work around not wanting to show the blog
> title in your theme. The blog title is an important piece of data in
> other contexts. I'm surprised it allows you to leave it blank.

It's a common question in the support forums. The general "wisdom" is to
suggest entering a valid title. If the user truly doesn't know how to edit
their theme and remove the tag that displays the title, we suggest using CSS
to :none the display instead.

Personally, I'd just remove the tag from the theme, but maybe I'm overly
pragmatic.