[wp-testers] Admin Interface

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 20:10:37 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Ronald Denby <rmdenby at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is a CSS issue. I have tried it on several different machines
>  so I am sure it is not my setup.
>
>  If I leave the Blog Title blank on the General Settings page, the top of the
>  page (blue section below the black top border) collapses and "Visit Site"
>  button sits on top of Write and Manage links.  If I put in an "nbsp" tag in
>  the blog title field the page renders ok.
>
>  I have always done this (left the title blank) as a way of getting the blog
>  title out of the header image. The "nbsp" method works ok for now but I
>  think this should be fixed.

Sounds like an awkward way to work around not wanting to show the blog
title in your theme. The blog title is an important piece of data in
other contexts. I'm surprised it allows you to leave it blank.

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com