[wp-testers] Automatic Plugin Update *mostly* works

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Fri Mar 14 14:14:42 GMT 2008

I've seen an issue several times when using the plugin updater where I
get zero-byte files.

The update *appears* to work fine,  I get normal status messages
(Downloading, Unpacking, Removing old version, Installing the latest
version, Plugin upgraded successfully), but when I check the actual
plugin directory, some files are empty (zero bytes). I haven't seen any
pattern to *which* files. But obviously, depending on which file it is,
that will tend to make the plugin unusable.

Anybody else seen this? What debug info can I provide to help add some
error handling?

PHP 5.2.1
Apache 1.3.x
WP SVN revision 7266
FreeBSD
libzip 0.7.1
PHP Zip version 1.9.0

On another note, when doing an upgrade, it's a little disconcerting to
have the page go blank for a long time while it's downloading files and
such. Could we add some flush() calls in there so that the browser
updates along the way, and the user can see progress being made?

(I'll add this info to Trac, as well)

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/