[wp-testers] Re: WP caching / performance

Kirk M justhinkin2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:53:45 GMT 2008

From: "Matt Mullenweg" <m at mullenweg.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:52 AM
To: <wp-testers at lists.automattic.com>
Subject: Re: [wp-testers] Re: WP caching / performance

> deliciousdays wrote:
>> no one has done any performance testing on 2.5?
>
> The performance bottleneck is usually the DB, and the format hasn't really
> changed since 2.3. That DB format runs tens of thousands of queries a
> second on WP.com, which is usually where we notice performance bottlenecks
> first.
>
>> what works and what doesn't in terms of caching (internal vs. 'external',
>> ie plugin based methods)?
>
> There has always been a built-in object cache that can ease things up on
> your DB, but for the best possible performance I would recommend any of
> the following plugins, including Super Cache written by MU hacker Donncha.
>
>>> Are "Wordpress Viper Cache Alpha" or "WP Super Cache", perhaps the older
>>> "WP-Cache2" compatible/recommendable?

I believe another acceptable caching plugin that I've been using for awhile
now including with 2.5 bleeding is Javier García's "1 Blog Cacher".
It's based on "WP-Cache" by Ricardo Galli and "HTML Cache" by Jiandong. It's
simple to use and
works well with dynamic content.

Oh, BTW, I'm new here although I've posted a few times already. I should
have
done this ages ago. Really enjoying myself.