[wp-testers] Re: WP caching / performance

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Mar 12 15:52:21 GMT 2008

deliciousdays wrote:
> no one has done any performance testing on 2.5?

The performance bottleneck is usually the DB, and the format hasn't
really changed since 2.3. That DB format runs tens of thousands of
queries a second on WP.com, which is usually where we notice performance
bottlenecks first.

> what works and what doesn't in terms of caching (internal vs.
> 'external', ie plugin based methods)?

There has always been a built-in object cache that can ease things up on
your DB, but for the best possible performance I would recommend any of
the following plugins, including Super Cache written by MU hacker Donncha.

>> Are "Wordpress Viper Cache Alpha" or "WP Super Cache", perhaps the
>> older "WP-Cache2" compatible/recommendable?

As far as I know all are compatible with 2.5.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com