[wp-testers] drafts saving once a second

Dave J. (Scoop0901) scoop0901 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:41:38 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Michael D Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:

> > Michael D Adams wrote:
> >> Because prior to storing it in the database, it was defined in
> >> three different places and with two different values.  We can
> >> alternatively hardcode it in a function, if you prefer.
> >
> > Let's do that, or a DEFINE.

I downloaded the trunk latest night, did another clean install, and found
that for people who are doing a clean install, it is still doing the
once-per-second save on posts and pages.  The only way around it, that I
could find, was to switch to the source view.

Another issue I found -- in IE7 -- is that clicking the SAVE button in the
WRITE (post or page) does not always work the first time.  It seems to be a
matter of finding just the "right" spot to make the save happen.  I see the
outline of the SAVE dialog's area that SHOULD activate the save function,
but at times it just sits there and does nothing (in the source view) until
the timed save.  This is also true for the SAVE button in the CHANGE PATH
NAME on the WRITE post/page.  I replicated this on two desktops and two
laptops after being told of this happening.

--
-dave
 PGP Public Keys: