[wp-testers] Media Manager

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:28:00 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Food Dude <pdxfooddude at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something here (wouldn't be the first time), but I don't
>  get the "Manage Media" page. I'm assuming the media list is coming from the
>  default upload directory, ie wp-content/uploads, or in my case wp-images.

The Media Library only knows about files that have a record in the
posts table with post_type = 'attachment'. These records are created
when you upload a file via WordPress. Uploading via FTP, etc., has no
effect on the WordPress database.

We do not scan your upload directories and that is not now planned. I
would like to see a plugin do this.

Cheers,
Andy