[wp-polyglots] New release notifications for translators

Milan Dinić liste at srpski.biz
Thu Jun 17 00:08:06 UTC 2010

> All minor/major releases are always going to be deployed by the lead
> developer. (Not referring to alpha/beta/RC pre-releases; those might be done
> by other lead devs.) Emailing polyglots should indeed be part of our launch
> routine and I don't see a reason to develop a notification service other
> than us manually sending an email as we are prepping everything for release.

Andrew, I believe you didn't follow this list before but there were mentions
that this becomes launch routine but it didn't become.

Mmmh, what about checking the in-WP update notification? :)

But we can't check 24/7 for it and it is same method as checking RSS feed
(which is actually faster since WP checks twice a day, if I remember right)
;) And if we have e-mail, we can give it label so it is separated from other
messages or even automatically forward it to get SMS alert etc.

I would prepare for a launch tomorrow, during the afternoon (GMT time).

Thank you for this, I don't remember when we had exact time of release in
advance.