[wp-polyglots] Trouble Translating a WordPress theme with PoEdit on a Mac

Peter Holme peter at holme.se
Wed Jul 21 17:54:37 UTC 2010

you should just put the po file where you're gonna have it ( eg.
your-theme/languages/ ) and in poedit catalog settings, use ".." as the path
(and other relative references if you have localized files in subfolders)

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 19:50, Michelle Langston <michellelangston at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello all, I just joined this list. I'm hoping someone can help me with
> this issue. I've just created a WordPress theme and have already prepared
> all the strings for translation following the guidelines given in the
> WordPress Codex. I've just installed PoEdit and I'm trying to generate a
> .POT file. However, after at least 10 tries, it cannot edit the catalog
> because it says it can't find any translatable files (at least, that's what
> I think it says because the error messages are all cut off).
>
> I'm beginning to think it's the paths. I'm on a Mac, and my theme folder is
> on the desktop. So, Themius/Users/chellycat/Desktop/citizenpress is correct,
> right? (Themius is the name of my hard drive, and then Users is the users
> folder, and chellycat is my personal folder). I even tried putting the
> citizenpress folder in the Applications folder with PoEdit, but that didn't
> work either. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance for
> any suggestions or insights. If I can provide more info, please let me know.
>

> Michelle

+47 920 42 782