[wp-polyglots] (ID) Multiple dialects or informal language for country code ID

[SYS-talk] Dedy Sofyan dedy at sys-talk.com
Fri Feb 26 00:09:55 UTC 2010

Hi Ze,

I'm currently responsible for id_ID and we have submitted our translated
files to the SVN.
Can we also create and maintain multiple dialects or informal (slang)
version of our language?

Dialects that have been maintained on WordPress, such as: Basa Sunda /
Sundanese (su_ID), Bahasa Jawa / Javanese (jv_ID) and so on...

A friend also suggested perhaps can we maintain an informal / slang version
of our language: in_ID (informal Indonesian) too (haven't been created or
even maintained in WordPress)?
Because he felt that the current id_ID locale of BuddyPress is too formal
and he wanted to make a "friendlier" and "young" version of the locale too,
so that it might be more appealing to young people in our country.
Any guidelines? Rules?
Thanks.

Cheers,

*Dedy Sofyan, SE. MM.*