[wp-polyglots] translate.wordpress.org

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Thu Feb 18 17:52:05 UTC 2010

Hi,
nice work Nikolay, congrats.

Don't get me wrong, but before getting our official local page on
wordpress.org, we were using a tool like that (called narro, but nvm).
The problem with web based tools is that they really give you space to
get more contributions from users, but they still lack some under the
hood control. After finishing the translations, we were still obliged to
check the files manually (poedit) to be sure that .mo's were compiled
correctly and the svn was the only real helpful backup tool (ability to
get back to another revision and checkout cause of occured errors).

Now it's cool to have it all centralised, but all the issues and
questions in case of errors, will be addressed you guys (wp.org),
wouldn't that give you headaches to respond to everyone and fix if
something goes wrong?

I would leave svn repo's as the final product location with manual
commit by team drivers.

Also I would like to hear other opinions on that count.

--
()  Campania Panglicii în ASCII
/\  http://stas.nerd.ro/ascii/