[wp-polyglots] Locale forums updated to bbPress trunk version

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Thu Aug 12 16:25:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 02:43, Milan Dinić <liste at srpski.biz> wrote:
> We didn't have activity last days on our locale forum so I didn't notice
> that locale forums were updated to bbPress trunk version from July 23rd.
> Although there is understanding for update of wp.org/support forum to
> bbPress trunk (especially since it includes built in support for email
> subscriptions), I don't understand why locale forums are updated since
> obviously there aren't translations of bbPress trunk so now we have a lot of
> untranslated strings (note that previous version used on locale forums was
> 0.9.0.6 which means we skipped 1.0 branch).

They use exactly the same software, that's why locale forums got updated.

> I must protest against this update because nobody asked us nor informed us
> about this. I like bbPress 1.1-alpha (I even contributed to it) but it isn't
> final product, it doesn't have translations and it isn't tested with
> locales.

Actually, I didn't know, either. But that's how things happen. We are
living on the edge :-)

> I am asking Nikolay, Ze or whoever did this update to make new POT file for
> theme used on forums (even before update there were new strings which
> weren't in POT from 2008), to inform us what to do with translation of
> support forum plugin (since I suspect that this is updated too) and tell us
> where to send deploy requests for our updated PO and MO files (for forums,
> of course).

The POT is now automatically updated once per day. If there is enough
demand, we can add it to translate.wordpress.org, too.

You can request forums deploy on the polyglots p2:

http://wppolyglots.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/this-is-a-public-service-announcement-p/

> Ouh, and
> http://codex.wordpress.org/International_WordPress_Forums should be updated
> too.