[wp-polyglots] What I like about trunk

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Tue May 12 16:41:15 GMT 2009

2009/5/12 José Fontainhas <jfontainhas at gmail.com>:
> Found this in the POT:
>
> "This localized version contains both the translation and various other
> localization fixes. You can skip upgrading if you want to keep your current
> translation."
>
> Assuming we're finally getting a "upgrade-just-the-translation" feature.

Does this message really imply that WordPress won't be upgraded, and
just the translations will be?

Its goal was different. It had to show you that you not only get the
new WordPress version and its translation, but also various other
localization tweaks. Many users were confused what the local versions
mean and why should they install them or not.