[wp-polyglots] phpdoc translation?

Naoko McCracken info at nao-net.com
Mon May 11 18:55:03 GMT 2009

Thanks Nikolay,

I guess I was a little confused with what the new theme editor
(function lookup) was trying to achieve.
I thought the goal was to make it easier for less experienced people
who are getting into editing their theme from the browser.
My concern was more for template tags, not the entire phpdocs - I
probably wasn't clear about that.
Some of them are linked to codex (e.g. the_author) - if this is going
to be done uniformly, that would be great.
(and when codex gets interlanguage links...)

I also think we have somewhat unique problem that may not be shared
with other language communities.
What you said is exactly right about English and translation;  it's
just that WordPress has strong competitors that are fully localized -
not phpdocs but other dev docs -  in Japan, so people tend to expect
not having to read English. (I'm not saying everyone is that way. This
is based on my personal observation)

But like I said it doesn't seem like a shared concern.
I understand that and it's a better idea for us to deal with this
underlying situation separately.
Plus, maybe having to use English lookup will encourage people to get
used to it.

Thanks for comments everyone.