[wp-polyglots] Czech translation

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Sat Jul 11 18:33:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:23, Pavel Hejn<pavelevap at post.cz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we have been preparing Czech version of Wordpress from version 2.5 and published it on our website http://www.separatista.net.
> But now there are too many downloads so we decided to change it.
> We found that from 2.8.1 there is a possibility to automatical upgrade in local language (notice that local version is available).
> I suppose that automatical upgrade takes files from SVN repository, so we would like to receive commit rights to maintain actual Czech translation. We looked into cs_CZ folder in SVN and this folder is empty (except very very old version in trunk)... I think that automatical upgrade would be great upgrade for Czech users...

Great! The first step is too choose committers and tell me their
WordPress.org forums usernames. When you have commit rights, read
about the repository structure:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress#WordPress_Localization_Repository

Then, see how to create cs.wordpress.org (or cz. if you want):

http://codex.wordpress.org/International_WordPress_Sites

The latter will allow you to release localized versions, which is
needed for automatic upgrades.