[wp-polyglots] some problem in WP2.7 translation in Launchpad

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Thu Jan 15 08:11:03 GMT 2009

Sia wrote:
> hi,
> the old file 2.6 imported successfully, but we must select all
> translated text again and click Save & Continue. however is already
> translated!
> https://translations.launchpad.net/wordpress/2.7/+pots/wordpress/ckb/+translate?start=0&batch=10&show=untranslated&field.alternative_language=&field.alternative_language-empty-marker=1&old_show=all
>

> any idea, how we have the translated text from 2.6 in 2.7 to? (Automatic)

Hi Sia,

I don't really follow this list but I did come across this email that
apparently is still waiting for an answer.

Something you can do when you set up a new release series is export the
translations from your previous series, and upload them to the new one.
  When you already have translations in both series, export both, use
msgcat to combine them, then re-upload the result.

You can automate the uploads using lp-translations-tools (a separate
little project on Launchpad).  The tools let you log in once using one
script and then do multiple uploads later, from the command line,
without having to provide a password each time.

Jeroen