[wp-polyglots] String Freeze for 2.9 - updates

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 21:00:38 UTC 2009

On 17 Dec 2009, at 17:26, Xavier Borderie wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Note that some more strings have been changed/added since then.
> The 2.9 release approaches, so make sure to have your 2.9 PO/MO un
> synch with the latest trunk POT! :)

Unfortunately there have been more string changes that we would have
liked between beta2 and rc1 (and some new ones today too)

In summary the changes since beta2 and the string "freeze"

* Reversion of the default post content back to what it was before -
you should be able to use your old strings for this from 2.8
* Removal of the target="_blank" which had been included in the View
Page links in the dashboard
* Some string changes relating to the Trashing/Deleting of comments
* Reversion of string changes to the post/page discussion meta box
back to old strings  - you should be able to use your old strings for
this from 2.8
* Addition of strings for plugin compatibility
* Update to the mysql version required in the db error message

We have also added since last night some strings which are used during
the upgrade process whilest running the old version of WordPress is
the php/mysql versions are not high enough to run the new version.

These strings will need translating but won't have any affect until
the next release as the translation file loaded at that point is for
the WordPress version you are uploading from.

More details on this final change can be found here: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11464

Thank you for your hard work

Happy Translating

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5