[wp-polyglots] Unicode characters instead of entities in POT

Txopi txopi at sindominio.net
Tue Apr 28 20:52:22 GMT 2009

>> My own opinion is to reduce the "fancy" characters to a minimum.
>
> What are fancy characters? Вы не говорите по-русски?

He, he, good question :-)

I think that symbols like » shouldn't be into the translation
chains. If the coder want's to draw with the text, that shouldn't be
translateable.

I mean, instead of this PHP code:
   <?php _e('Login &raquo;'); ?>

It should be like this:
   <?php _e('Login'); ?> &raquo;

This way, the translators don't have to translate "Login &raquo;", but
"Login".

There are cases when raquo should be inside the translatable string?

About the other fancy characters, i'm sorry but i don't have a formed
opinion.

My two cents,

Txopi.