[wp-polyglots] Unicode characters instead of entities in POT

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Tue Apr 28 15:21:29 GMT 2009

Thomas Scholz wrote:

> Samuel Murray (Groenkloof):

>> My own opinion is to reduce the "fancy" characters to a minimum.

> What are fancy characters? Вы не говорите по-русски?

Well, "fancy characters" is difficult to define, but I'll try by saying
they are characters that you're unlikely to use when typing a letter to
someone.  Cyrillic would be fancy for a Latin user, sure, but even for
cyrillic users there must be characters that are "normal" and "common"
and characters that are fancy and weird.

For Latin, hellip and raquo are fancy.  Try telling someone over the
phone to use a certain character in their letter to you.  If they need a
long explanation of how to type it, consider it fancy.

Samuel

--
Samuel Murray
samuel at translate.org.za