[wp-polyglots] re:localize wordpress into swahili

mrfroasty mrfroasty at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:41:56 GMT 2009

Hello Nikolay,

Thanks for the reply, actually I already started translating it using
Pootle servers due to its online feature.Its still a work in progress,
but the last time I had contact with Samuel (Pootle server mod/admin)
the hint function is broken so no words hints when I translate wordpress
files.I will try to contact him again to check the progress and if I can
provide any help.

Anyways,we see how things goes.....my username at wordpress forum is
mrfroasty.

P:S
Copy sent to Samuel

GR
mrfroasty

Nikolay Bachiyski wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 03:26, mrfroasty <mrfroasty at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>

> Hey,
>

>> I was planning to work on translating/localizing wordpress into swahili, is
>> there any ongoing work at the moment that I can join or continue if its
>> abondoned or something... :-)
>> I want to gain some skills into localization stuffs and at the same time i
>> think wordpress its a great blog software that lots of swahili can make use
>> of it.
>> I have been googling but I can spot any ongoing work into this.
>>

> It would be great if you can translate WordPress in Swahili. I saw
> that you already found the POT file, which is the file you should
> translate.
>
> Also, you could have a look at the translators' docs at the Codex:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress
>
> When you have familiarized yourself with the nature of the work, just
> tell me your WordPress.org forums username and you can get svn access
> to commit your translation.
>
> If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
>
> Happy translating,
> Nikolay.

Extra details:
OSS:Gentoo Linux-2.6.25-r8
profile:x86
Hardware:msi geforce 8600GT asus p5k-se
location:/home/muhsin
language(s):C/C++,VB,VHDL,bash,PHP,SQL,HTML,CSS
Typo:40WPM
url:http://mambo-tech.net
url:http://blog.mambo-tech.net