[wp-polyglots] Re: Codex e-mail

S K skichu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 13:33:05 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Samuel Murray (Groenkloof)
<samuel at translate.org.za> wrote:

> I see that there is an existing team doing WordPress into Tamil.  Have you
> had contact with them?  They're the ones who decide what methods are used
> when translating WordPress into Tamil.
>===============

The team you have mentioned has been engaged in translation on the
Wordpress.com interface. I am doing using the POT ->po route for
wp.org software.

I have translated almost 80% of the strings from POT file of 2.5, but
not progressed further. Laziness!

Now that the matter has been brought into focus, I'll finish the
balance strings and upload the .mo file in the SVN repository for
which I have the access. Should I wait for 2.7 pot to be ready?

And I have been successfully using the Tamil translation from 2005 for
my Tamil blog at http://kichu.cyberbrahma.com/

I have already sent a mail to your correspondent seeking his cooperation.

Regards,

S.K

--
"Because in life, there comes a time
When one must fight, and one must climb,

S.K
http://www.cyberbrahma.com/ - My main web site
http://www.cyberbrahma.com/weblog/ - My English Blog
http://kichu.cyberbrahma.com/ - My Tamil Blog