[wp-polyglots] Basic feminine form

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Tue Nov 25 15:08:14 GMT 2008

> I just uploaded a patch, which adds ngettext with context support and
> also a sample patch for edit-pages.php:
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8128#comment:6

That is quite Teh Awesome, Nikolay! Thanks a lot for this!
Thous...err, Hundr...err, dozens of translators will be overjoyed by
this ;-)
So it looks like Francesc was right with the for an _nc() method,
props to him :)
That is going to bring WP so much closer to every day!

Are __ngettext() and __ngettext_noop() not to be used anymore, or are
their aliases (__n() and __n_noop()) just there for readability?

> Could you (Frances, Ran, Xavier, others) do the rest of the context
> plural patches? I think they are pretty straight-forward.

I will look into that in the coming days.
How long do we have left before RC1 (and/or release day)?

--
Xavier Borderie