[wp-polyglots] A small suggestion...

Karl Wångstedt kalle at wangstedt.net
Mon May 19 20:37:48 GMT 2008

Hi all

I've not been very active on the list lately, but I follow the
discussions briefly.

In my work with updating my Swedish translation to the 2.5.1 branch
(from 1.5, haven't been really up-to-date :) I came across a few (in
my opinion) flaws in the phrases used in the gettext terms.

The thing that caught my attention is that since the word "Category"
refers to both post categories and link categories, it's impossible to
make the translation context aware. My suggestion is that the pipe
character is used in conjunction with an explanation of the context of
the term.

Like in "Description|media column header" and "Description".

So, what do you guys think? Is this something worth addressing?

Karl Wångstedt

           Wångstedt nova

Karl Wångstedt       0278-61 12 33
Stenhuggarvägen 3g   070-578 13 04