[wp-polyglots] [wordpress-mu 1.3.3 Hungarian]

tai tai at tekapo.com
Thu May 15 11:41:02 GMT 2008

ja.po file of bbPress 0.9.0.x has the same issue and I had asked
Poedit ML a while ago:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=1208958661.2081.7.camel%40localhost

So, Poedit's author says the error comes from the msgfmt command, not
a Poedit's bug.

I think the problem is that the xgettext command puts "php-format" to
the string, maybe because the string has "%" in it.
So the workaround is to delete the line "#, php-format" just above the
string and you got no error with Poedit, though I think it's better to
fix this part of the source code, but I have completely no idea.

Any ideas?

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Francesc Hervada-Sala wrote:
>
>> I think this is a poEdit bug, I can reproduce this behaviour with poEdit
>> while the gnu command tools and KBabel do not have any problem about it.
>
> It seems to me that both poEdit and KBabel have bugs. I have seen
> error messages that didn't make any sense. Sometimes KBabel finds
> mistakes, but points to the wrong places in the po-file, places
> where there are no errors at all. Quite frustrating. I strongly recommend
> the gnu command tools when KBabel (or poEdit) doesn't
> make sense. (Actually poEdit is completely unusable for me.)
>
> --
> Bertilo Wennergren <http://bertilow.com>

Tai