[wp-polyglots] Esperanto WordPress Site

Bertilo Wennergren bertilow at gmail.com
Thu May 1 08:38:30 GMT 2008

Nikolay Bachiyski wrote:

> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Correct, but I highly recommend you don't use theme/, but translate
>>> the i18n-ed kubrick.
>>>
>>  Actually I slightly modify the default theme, adding a wee bit of
>>  HTML to prepare it for one of our special plugins. So I guess
>>  we have to provide a whole translated default theme just because
>>  of that. But that theme could of course still be based on the
>>  i18n-ed kubrick.
>
> You can put in dist the modified files only.

Ok. That helps a lot.

> Are these modifications
> crucial? Can't the plugin do it on its own?

I've thought a lot about that. But I haven't been able to find
a way. The plugin needs something to work on. And the user needs
something that he can move around in the code, if he wants to.
(A bit hard to explain without explaining the whole plugin...)

>>  I just tested the build system. It seems that there is a bug
>>  involved with the option "Include the original, untranslated default theme
>> as another theme named default-en". That just doesn't
>>  happen. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I
>>  added the directory "themes" to "dist/wp-content/" (to handle
>>  all the extra translated themes that we include)? I guess
>>  that "themes" directory is normally not there. Maybe it confuses
>>  the build system...

> It doesn't confuse anything. This option has just never worked :-)

:)

> I removed the checkbox until it is implemented.

Good.

Thanks for all the help!

--
Bertilo Wennergren <http://bertilow.com>