[wp-polyglots] Not-gettexted strings available for translation

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Tue Jun 24 17:48:00 GMT 2008

At last, we have a method to deal with the strings, which can't be
translated via gettext.

All new trunk pots will include all strings wrapped with
/*WP_I18N_...*/ comments, so that you can translate them.

The replacement with the actual translations can be made by:
1. Via the build tool on yourlocale.wordpress.org
2. Using the not-gettexted.php script from the wordpress-i18n/tools
repo [0]. In order to use the script, you will have to checkout the
whole tools/trunk dir. Run:
$ php not-gettexted.php
for usage details.

The dist folder is still respected by the build tool, but you would
better use the new approach and remove all necessary file from your
dist folder like wp-settings.php, wp-includes/wp-db.php and the others
referenced in [8168]. I already did so for the Bulgarian translation
and my repo feels lighter now.

We should all thank to Lionel Elie Mamane, who wrote the first
solution of the problem and urged me to continue the effort :-)

Please, write if you experience any problems or have any suggestions.

[0] http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/tools/trunk/not-gettexted.php
[1] http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/8168