[wp-polyglots] no-code-duplication i18n for WordPress

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Tue Jun 3 19:13:03 GMT 2008

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 4. März 2008 09:04:12 schrieb Lionel Elie Mamane:
> I'm Lionel Elie Mamane, I recently got involved in the Debian
> packaging of WordPress, and I'd like to propose you an enhancement in
> your full-i18n procedures, so that all languages are guaranteed to
> use the same code, only strings differ. I come bearing "proof of
> concept" patches, available from
> http://people.debian.org/~lmamane/wordpress/ .

when we talked about this proposal we said we wanted to follow it after
releasing 2.5. Is it perhaps now a good time to put it into practice? I think
it is. This way 2.6 could have unique source files for all locales and the
translation could be completely done just translating .po files.

Cheers,
--
Francesc
Username: hervada