[wp-polyglots] wordpress 2.6 we most beginn from 0 again!

Sia Neriman sia6363 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:26:28 GMT 2008

hi
i don't understand this system in launchpad!!!??
1. download the WP 2.5.1.po from launchpad.
2. import into WP 2.6.
but--------------

Hello Sia(zyx386),

On 2008-07-27 20:49+0000 (4 hours 6 minutes ago), you uploaded a file
with Kurdish (Sorani) (ckb) translations for wordpress in WordPress 2.6
to Launchpad.

We were unable to import the file because of errors in its format:

Line 1989: String not terminated

If you use gettext, you can check your file for correct formatting with
the 'msgfmt -c' command. Please fix any errors raised by msgfmt and
upload the file again. If you check the file and you don't find any
error in it, please look for an answer or file a question at
https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/

For your convenience, you can get the file you uploaded at:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/16351848/wordpress-ckb.po

Thank you,

The Launchpad team

-------------------
best regards
Sia

Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:
> Sia Neriman wrote:
>> hi nickolay,
>> with wordpress 2.6 we lost our translation.
>> must we beginn from 0!!
>> https://translations.launchpad.net/wordpress/2.6/+pots/wordpress/ckb/+translate
>>
>> why you update our file, and don't let me know?
>
> In Launchpad, every release series has translations that are
> completely separate from other series.
>
> If you want to use translations from another series as a starting
> point, just export them from that series and upload them to the new
> series.
>

> Jeroen

Sia
----